Revelation 3:8 (New International Version)
I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.

The child is the beauty of God present in the world – that greatest gift to a family.” (Blessed Teresa of Calcutta)

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Monday and Tuesday

Paperwork and Paperwork. We drove in the taxi for hours from Notary to social worker
and went to go buy some groceries. We were also told to be ready at 5:45am for the taxi to pick us up and take us to the capitol where our second SDA appointment would be. This is what what we need in order to have an official referral for Benjamin. I could hardly believe it. I figured we would see the SDA at 1pm Tuesday and take the train back that evening. There was a possibility that Wednesday we would see I thought.

Tuesday: At 6:15am there was no taxi but we called our facilitator and she quickly hung up and called the taxi driver..I think he overslept. "wait in the corner, he will be right there". 17 minutes later a screeching car comes to a skid. "So Sorry he said, lets go teh train will leave in a few minutes". Ok I know I live in NC and I thought how cool would it be to ride in Nascar. Not anymore. I experienced it here but with no helmet and no seat belt. I must have said Mama Mia a million times and I must have may the sign of the cross at least 10 times. He drove through red lights and the police was right there!! I pointed as we went flying by but he said "Corachon" which means "OK". At one point I was putting on my seat belt and he said that I didn't need it and he smiled almost in a laughing manner. Silly me..We are only going 90 miles an hour in a matchbox size car passing huge trucks. Well, we made it to the train. He parked on the sidewalk and said "hurry, hurry" this running does not work in flip flops but we made it. The train had 2 benched seats one on each side facing each other and a small table in the middle. This was similiar to the night train but the bench seats were not beds and there was no bunk beds on top. The train was 0645 to 1240pm.
There was the 3 of us and this girl maybe in her 20's. She slept curled up most of the time and would awake...have tea and a snickers bar and return to sleep. I just read a book but before I knew it I fell asleep too. The train stops and people do hop off to smoke and then hop back on. When we arrived at the capitol city...our taxi driver said it was to early for the SDA so it was better to just go walk around for another 2 hours.
We were finally hurried in to sit down and talk about Benjamin. He has lived in the orphanage all 4 years and was given up immediatly after his birth because of his diagnosis being conformed. "He has Down Syndrome". His mom was very young and single so placing him in the orphanage was what she felt was best for her and for him. Here he was adorable. We will be able to have his only baby picture once he is adopted.
Since it was already 4pm we would be unable to sign papers and get the papers needed to enter into his orphanage so staying in the capitol until Wednesday is what we would have to do. I hate that we have to pay another 60 dollars but there is no other choice. Adoption teaches you patience right from the very beginning. The apartment was very clean and it is the first one that had internet...but guess what my computer had no cord and it was dead. Just my luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment