Revelation 3:8 (New International Version)
I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.

The child is the beauty of God present in the world – that greatest gift to a family.” (Blessed Teresa of Calcutta)

Sunday, March 4, 2012

How thrilled I am to be in the children's country! Bulgaria !









Hello Everyone,
The trip was 25 hours. It included 4 planes with one stop to Washington DC and another to Viena Austria. When we arrived on Saturday 12:45pm it was somewhat cold and we were TIRED. I am here with Shelly and Madelaine (Madelaine is her 14 year old daughter). They are adopting 2 little boys from the same orphanage. This morning we traveled to our children's city (it was almost 3 hours). The weather is cool but due to it being sunny...it is very tolerable. We had a wonderful driver and he told us all about his country. Once we arrived to our new hotel we started sorting all the orphanage's donations. As Shelly states, " we are nesting international style". The formula was donated by the the nutritionist at the hospital where Carrington had received her care. That was only one small portion of formula, she had another entire suitcase full!
Thank you for those wonderful moms on at the Triangle Down syndrome network who also sent me some donations to hand out to the children. I also want to thank our childrens' dentist Triangle Pediatric Dentistry who doanted tons of toothpaste! So now I want to leave you a few pictures of the hotel, us nesting, our room, and the Balken Mountains that were beautiful. Tomorrow we will wake up and go see the children for the FIRST TIME. I cannot wait. Please keep us in your prayers and please keep our wonderful families who stayed behind in your prayers. Both of our husbands have truly been encouraging and are excited about us seeing our children tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment