Revelation 3:8 (New International Version)
I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.

The child is the beauty of God present in the world – that greatest gift to a family.” (Blessed Teresa of Calcutta)

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Here we are in Kiev- waiting for our SDA appointment.

We were very tired by this point. We had been traveling for over 17 hours and had not slept for a day. We arrived just in time for our scheduled August 3rd appointment. Thank you God. This statue is a from a movie that was filmed here. We were told the name and forgot to write it down. If anyone knows please leave the name on the comments. The SDA appointment was very basic. Yulia translated for us and the lady at the SDA pulled our kids files out and read their history and explained why their parents had chosen to not take them home after birth. Once the parents were given the diagnosis of down syndrome the parents decided that it was not a commitment they could take. They had wanted them to be adopted and had agreed to name change. This was a very emotional time...I think seeing their files in front of us with their 2x2 picture made this very real. These children have no family. Once we accepted the official referral that is when the phone calls where made to the directors of the orphanages in order to give us permission to enter.

2 comments:

  1. chrysta would like to email with claudia. she really enjoyed meeting her when we saw you in Ukraine. You can email me at katieostar@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Claudia would love that. I will tell her once she arrives home. I will have her email you her address. Can you believe I have so much to catch up on this blog. I guess doing this catching up will be better than never recording.

    ReplyDelete